Town of Osgood Minutes
Town of Osgood
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Present at the meeting were Tammy Wilhoit, Norman Kappes, Beth Rumsey, Steve Patrick, Steven Stepleton, Pat Zaharako, Dennis Scott, Dave Patterson, Brian Volz, Josh Cady, Chuck Gill, Linda Krinop, DeDee Holliday, Tony Wood, Steve Linville, John Johanigman, Paula Goodpaster, David Rose, Frank Goodpaster, Chad Schwering and Kim Linkel.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Roll Call all present
Motion was made to waive the reading and adopt the pre-read minutes. Norman 1st, DeDee 2nd
Auction began on the 2 trucks:
- 1996 Ford (Dump Truck) started at $3,500. Highest bid was Dave Patterson at $5,900.
- 1995 Ford (Water Utility Truck) started at $1,500. Highest bid was David Rose at $2,600.
Receipts were written and titles signed over.
Motion was made to adopt the Town of Osgoods 2011 Budget and Ordinance 2010-3. Norman 1st, DeDee 2nd
Motion was made that the Osgood Public Library 2011 Budget was reviewed. DeDee 1st, Norman 2nd
Resolution 2010-7 was presented where the Town of Osgood entered into an agreement with the Napoleon Community Rural Water Company where they will continue to buy water from the Town of Osgood.
Motion was made to adopt Resolution 2010-7 and authorize Linda and Tammy to sign the Water Contract. DeDee 1st, Norman 2nd
Commonwealth Engineers Pat Zaharako was present to discuss three of our projects:
- Water Storage Project preparing response to Rural Development for their review. Once sent back will wait for approval to go out to bid. Advertisement for bids will then be prepared.
- Storm Water Project grant money is in place. Presented copies of the proposed contracts. Requesting authorization. The design will be done before the end of the year. Will be bidding in January or February.
- Sewer Project the Letter of Intent and Request for Obligation of Funds has been received and signed from Rural Development. Next month an agreement will be presented. Will probably go out to bid next summer.
Motion was made to sign the agreement between the Town of Osgood and Commonwealth Engineers for the Storm Water Project. DeDee 1st, Norman 2nd
We received a grant in the amount of $36,320 from the Reynolds Foundation to go toward the Sewer Project. Grant Agreement was signed. Linda Krinop wanted to thank the Reynolds Foundation for their continued support.
There will be a public hearing September 28, 2010 at 7:00 P.M. in the meeting room in the Ripley County Courthouse Annex, Versailles for a Variance on the corner of Railroad Avenue and County Road 300 N. The Variance from the required 100 setback to 50.
The following item are being made retroactive to the following dates:
- On September 2, 2010, Josh Cady was appointed Interim Marshal for the Town of Osgood.
- On September 13, 2010, Steven Stepleton was promoted from the Reserve position to Deputy Marshal.
Motion was made to approve Josh Cady and Steven Stepletons new positions. Norman 1st, DeDee 2nd
Paula Goodpaster with the Council Against Substance Abuse requesting information on the Grant the Town received from them. She was directed to get with Josh Cady.
Fire Department Steve Linville stated they had their annual pork chop dinner last week and it was a success. They had a very good turnout. He stated they are still getting quotes and specs together on a new truck. The will probably be able to replace 2 trucks with the purchase of this 1 new truck. It would make more room at the fire station.
Water Department Chuck Gill reported everything was o.k.
Sewer Department Tony Wood stated that the chlorides were high, but it was due to no flow. Manholes will be delivered to Co. RD 300 N for the extension project.
Police Department Josh Cady stated that he has been working with Steven. The Academy has been scheduled for January 3rd thru April 15th.
Trick or Treat will be set for October 30th from 5:00 7:00 P.M.
|Osgood Town Hall||Osgood Street Utilities||Osgood Water Plant||Ripley Co. Sheriff|
|Monday - Friday||Monday - Friday||24/7/365||24/7/365|
|8:30 am - 12:00 pm||7:30 am - 11:30 am||812-689-4324||Emergencies - 911|
|1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Non Emergencies:|
|After 4 PM Leave Message||After 4 PM Leave Message||Street Department will be Dispatched Out|
Osgood Utilities can now be reached 24-7-365, after hours and weekends for gas leaks, water leaks, sewer backups, etc. Simply call 812-689-0178 for a live dispatcher to get the service you need.