Town of Osgood, Indiana Police Department
Teaching Your Children to Use 911
Parents can use the following safety tips to teach their children the proper way to use 911 to report emergencies:
- Never say "nine eleven." There is no eleven on a telephone keypad or dial. Always say "nine-one-one."
- Always call from a safe place. If there is a fire in the house, get out first and then call.
- Post your address near the phone.
- Never call 911 as a prank or joke. You can get into trouble and keep someone who really needs help from getting it in time.
- 911 is not for animal emergencies. Call your vet or the County Department of Animal Control.
- Call 911 if you think you have an emergency and explain the situation to the dispatcher.
- If you call 911 by mistake, don't hang up. Explain the mistake to the dispatcher and say there is no emergency.
|Osgood Town Hall||Osgood Street Utilities||Osgood Water Plant||Ripley Co. Sheriff|
|Monday - Friday||Monday - Friday||24/7/365||24/7/365|
|8:30 am - 12:00 pm||7:30 am - 11:30 am||812-689-4324||Emergencies - 911|
|1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Non Emergencies:|
|After 4 PM Leave Message||After 4 PM Leave Message||Street Department will be Dispatched Out|
Osgood Utilities can now be reached 24-7-365, after hours and weekends for gas leaks, water leaks, sewer backups, etc. Simply call 812-689-0178 for a live dispatcher to get the service you need.