Town of Osgood, Indiana Police Department
Using 911 to Report Emergencies
Emergencies include crimes that are in progress or about to happen, and ones that have resulted in serious personal injury, property damage, or property loss. They also include situations in which the suspect may still be at the scene and some suspicious activities. By calling 9-1-1 you will be linked to the appropriate police as well as fire fighting, medical, and ambulance services. You don't need money to call 9-1-1 from a pay phone.
Safety Tips for Parents - Teach your children to use 9-1-1.
Examples of 911 Emergencies - Should be Reported to 911
- Fights, sexual assaults, etc.
- Burglaries and robberies
- Flashlight beam in a business or home, especially if the business is closed or the residents are away
- Domestic violence
- Child and elder abuse
- Sounds of gunshots, screaming, barking dogs, breaking glass, explosions, alarms, etc.
- Hit and run accidents with possible injuries
- Vehicles containing weapons or property not normally kept in vehicles
- Ongoing dumping of fuel or other hazardous substances
- Road hazards that require immediate attention to prevent personal injuries and property damage
- Graffiti and other acts of vandalism in progress
- Runaway juvenile or missing person who needs special care -- be sure to tell the operator if the person needs medication and has a special problem, e.g., Alzheimer's disease
Persons who are:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Entering a neighbor's home when the neighbor is away
- Forcing an entry of a home, business, or vehicle
- Exhibiting unusual mental or physical symptoms that poses a threat to him/herself or others
- Removing property from a business, home, or vehicle, especially if the business is closed or the residents are away
- Carrying or wearing bloody clothing
- Struggling with a resisting child
- Trying to or actually using a vehicle to pick up a person by force, especially a child or female
Caution: wireless callers should NOT assume that Ripley County Communications will receive their exact location. When making a 9-1-1 call from a cellular phone, they should stay on the line and advise the dispatcher where they are calling from.
|Osgood Town Hall||Osgood Street Utilities||Osgood Water Plant||Ripley Co. Sheriff|
|Monday - Friday||Monday - Friday||24/7/365||24/7/365|
|8:30 am - 12:00 pm||7:30 am - 11:30 am||812-689-4324||Emergencies - 911|
|1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Non Emergencies:|
|After 4 PM Leave Message||After 4 PM Leave Message||Street Department will be Dispatched Out|
Osgood Utilities can now be reached 24-7-365, after hours and weekends for gas leaks, water leaks, sewer backups, etc. Simply call 812-689-0178 for a live dispatcher to get the service you need.